10 Essential Tips for Coping With Rosacea
Do you suffer from rosacea? You are not alone - more than 14 million people worldwide do. It’s a frustrating and sometimes embarrassing skin condition to deal with. One second you have it under control & the next you are dealing with a severe flare and no end in sight. The physical and emotional distress of it can make it difficult to get through each day confidently.
Luckily there are some proven strategies that can help you cope with the symptoms of rosacea. From lifestyle changes to home remedies, there’s a lot you can do to reduce the severity of your flare-ups and take control of your health.
- #1 - Start a rosacea journal: keep track of what you put on your skin & what you eat in a day. Do this for a few months so that you can identify what your main triggers are internally & externally, and then avoid them as much as you can.
- #2 - Try relaxation techniques: Take some time each day to rest and relax – it’s great for improving mental and emotional wellbeing, as well as reducing physical symptoms. Consider things like deep breathing, yoga and mindfulness to help you stay calm and peaceful.
- #3 - Protect yourself from the sun: The sun’s UV rays can aggravate rosacea symptoms, so always wear sunscreen when you go outside. A wide-brimmed hat is also a good idea for extra protection.
- #4 - Incorporate natural remedies: Good nutrition is essential for rosacea sufferers, as certain foods and drinks can trigger flare-ups. Try incorporating natural, anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric, ginger and honey into your diet – they can help reduce symptoms like redness and itching.
- #5 - Find calming activities: Doing things you enjoy can help you find peace with rosacea. Activities like painting, writing and reading can be great for helping your mind take a break from the stress of living with the condition.
- #6 - Limit physical activity: Exercise can trigger rosacea symptoms, so it’s important to keep your physical activity levels in check. Take regular breaks, stay hydrated and listen to your body – if something feels too much, stop.
- #7 - Get support: Living with rosacea can be isolating and overwhelming, so it’s important to reach out for help. Join a local support group like ours or talk to family and friends – having people around you who understand what you’re going through can make all the difference.
- #8 - Treat yourself: Don’t forget to pamper yourself! Take time out of your busy schedule to treat yourself to a spa day –or whatever makes you feel relaxed and de-stressed.
- #9 - Talk to a Dermatologist: If you’re struggling to cope with your rosacea symptoms, make sure you talk to a certified dermatologist. They can recommend treatments that may help reduce inflammation and discomfort.
- #10 - Implement lifestyle changes: Finally, keeping your skin clean and moisturized is key for managing rosacea. Make sure you wash your face gently with a mild cleanser, and use a mild moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. If you're looking for a gentle moisturizer that is packed with nourishing ingredients that not only help the skin's barrier, but repair it and significantly reduce redness then I highly recommend you try out RUDDI Redness Control!